Thursday, May 13, 2010

ahhhh.....the laundry

One of the cutbacks I made this year was to stop using the dryer. It is hard to tell in this photo but that is THREE laundry lines hanging in a spare bedroom that mostly holds junk. These three lines and the folding rack pictured below allow me to hang one super sized load of laundry. It takes about a day for each load to dry (I have to cut the ceiling fan on high to get rugs to dry) and so far has not been that much of a pain. One problem I am having is that when I hung the line I forgot that I am short and hung it to high. I have to get the step stool out to hang a load. I also was having problems finding the studs (even with stud finder was extremely frustrating) so I have a couple of nice extra holes in the wall. I used one retractable laundry line and just did two switchbacks stud length apart. This setup cost me about $25 for the line, 2 extra hooks, and clothes pins. The folding rack was given to me free from a work buddy and with a couple of twisty ties was good as new. Unfortunately the neighbor comes over and uses my washer and dryer for 3 loads of clothes a week but in return he fixes stuff around the house and pet sits for me so I think I am getting the better end of the deal even though it cost me money in electricity :-).
Posted by Picasa



No comments:

Post a Comment