Thursday, May 6, 2010

Five Year Goals


So here is my daily reminder about my goals. Yep, that is a sticky note taped to my computer at work. I set these goals back in September of 2010 and as you can see I have 4 years and 3 months left. I read an article that stated having goals written down in front of you as a daily reminder helps you to keep those goals and to remember the big picture. Has this helped me? Sometimes it does but a lot of the times I forget it is there. I think if I move the note around or post even more of them up like on the fridge or steering wheel of the car it would help me more. Currently I have saved $4023.95. This number just went up by $1500 when I received my federal taxes back after giving the feds an interest free loan of my money all year long. As soon as I get my paycheck I "pay myself first" by putting $246 a month into my savings account and then don't touch it, which has accounted for the rest of the amount. I am aiming to have a new roof installed by no later than October. The estimate I have puts the new roof cost around $3800. I would like to have an extra $1000 on top of this so I will not be completely broke. If I stick to my budgeted savings then I will have all this by the time I want the roof installed.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment